Friday, January 18, 2008

Handshakes


After that it’s all smiles and cigarette smoke as we all get up. The Doc sticks out his hand to shake but I only look at him like he just wiped his ass with it. He sighs. “As you may be noticing Mr. Shade, we’re a very young organization. We’ve only just acquired the means to combat the vampire problem. As you yourself noted, the virus is very powerful and can adapt to almost anything. Except sunlight, naturally,” He motions to the door as he talks and I go out first. In two minutes we’re down the stairs, out the lobby, and going out the doors I was blocked from leaving for the past few days. The light blinds me a little but I get over it quick enough. A glance around reveals I’m in a courtyard with a few other buildings connected by pavement. They even put a fountain and garden into their budget. “Didn’t know landscape decorators liked fighting the forces of darkness,” I mutter. Ferris cracks a bit and gives a laugh as we walk towards another building. “Just out of curiosity, are we exclusively fighting vampires or is this an equal opportunity kill job?” I ask. The Doc looks troubled for a moment and I make a motion to the former-werewolf with great tits. “Ah, I see. Well, that happens to be the source of some dispute within the Paladins of Light. Considering the current…social situation between the two factions, we have decided it best to…,” he’s getting nervous as Ferris loses the smile and gives me a stony look. What the Doc is referring to is the fact that the Guild of Nod, the dominant church of Vampirism, decided to enslave werewolves a few decades ago. Some shit in their Bible, I never read the thing and most of the other Enlightened wanted nothing to do with the werewolves. Kidnapped some important people or something that made the werewolves start working for them. I don’t get much of werewolf culture because, quite frankly, it never came up while I was a vampire. Judging by this little revelation though, apparently they aren’t too excited about being enslaved.

No comments: